Here are some tips on your DIY air conditioner care at home :
Cleaning of Fan Coil Unit’s (Indoor Unit’s) Front Panel :
- Before cleaning, be sure to stop the operation and turn the power switch / isolator “OFF”.
- Don’t touch the metal parts of the indoor unit. If you touch those parts, this may cause an injury.
- When removing or attaching the front panel, use a robust and stable stool and watch your steps carefully. Support the panel securely.
- Only neutral detergent may be used. Do not use hot water above 40°C, benzene, gasoline, thinner, volatile oils, polishing compound, scrubbing brushes, nor other hand stuff.
- In case of washing the panel with water, dry it with cloth, dry in up in the shade after washing.
- After Cleaning, make sure that the front panel is securely fixed.
Cleaning of Air Filter
- Clean the air filter with vacuum cleaner and then rinsing it under running water.
- If the dust does not come off easily, wash them with neutral detergent thinned with lukewarm water, then dry them up in the shade.
- Do not expose the air filter to direct sunlight or heat from a fire when drying.
- It is recommended to clean the air filters every two weeks.
Care of Remote Controller
- Do not drop the remote controller.
- Do not get it wet.
- Never expose the remote controller to direct sunlight.
- Dust on the signal transmitter or receiver will reduce the sensitivity. Wipe off dust with soft cloth.
- Replace the batteries of remote controller with two new ones of the same type. Using an old battery with a new one may result in heat generation, leakage or even an explosion.
Stop & Start-up when going for Vacation or Unit is not to be used for long time
- When Stopping the system for a long period :
- Turn on fan operation for a half day and dry the unit.
- Turn of the power switch / isolator when the unit is not to be used for long periods of time. Otherwise, the unit may get hot or catch on fire due to dust accumulation. Plus : when the power switch is turned on, some watts of electricity is being used even if the system if not operating. Turn off the power switch for saving energy.
- Remove the batteries from the remote controller.
- Start up after a long stop :
- Check and confirm that the air inlet and outlet are not blocked. Remove any obstacle.
- Check and confirm if the earth is connected? Might there be a broken wire somewhere?
- Clean the filter and outside panel.
- Turn on the power switch. To protect the unit, turn on the power switch at least 6 hours before operation.
- Use new batteries for the remote controller.
|© Copyright 2014- by COOLFORCE Aircon Engineering. All rights reserved.|